SABRE Invest Industrial Park Project Location
RSEZ is located on the transnational traffic axis between the European Union and Russian/China. Since Latvia’s joining of the European Union, RSEZ is the first customs are to and from the European Union, Russia, Central Asia and China. RSEZ is located in a prime position to ensure the maximum benefits for international cargo flows to and from Europe.
Details of RSEZ
- Established in 1997.
- The aim: to promote business development in Rezekne and Latgale region.
- State Regulation: Rezekne Special Economic Zone Law (RSEZ).
- Type: joint municipal institution of Rezekne city and Rezekne Municipality councils.
- Total area: 1155 ha.
- The Cabinet of Ministers supported the prolongation of the term of free sssiii ssiiii ports and special economic zones until 2035.
Transport hub of international significance
- East- West transit corridor- the gate to the East and the West (distance to Riga 242 km, Moscow 685 km, St. Petersburg 457 km, Warsaw 860 km).
- Modern embarkation park at the railway station “Rezekne-2”.
- Crossroads of Trans- European Network (TEN) motorways and railways.